1. What inspired you to start blogging? What challenges have you faced along the way and how did you overcome them?
I was working in technology PR and didn't really have a creative outlet. I've always loved fashion and thought starting a forum to share my inspiration and outfits was the perfect solve! I've had my blog for around 5 or so years and it's changed tremendously. I think the biggest challenge is not comparing yourself to others in the space. It's really hard to constantly compare followers, outfits, etc. and to me, blogging is all about community and lifting each other up!
2. Is there anything people would be surprised to know about you?
I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Midwestern-y things. Like Mozzarella Sticks from Applebee's or Cheesecake Factory. It may not be a surprise since I talk about them all the time on my blog, but there's something so comforting about deep fried cheese, you know?
3. We see that you moved from Ohio to San Fran a few years back. How do you feel you have changed since you first moved versus now? Is there anything in particular that you miss about Ohio?
My family still lives in Ohio so I miss them! But, I feel like I've grown up with the city. I was 22 when I moved here and now I'm 28 – so crazy! I've gone through so many life experiences whether it's jobs, relationships or anything in between. I think my love for San Francisco has deepened as I've become more comfortable with myself, too.
4. What is your favorite place you have travelled to and why? Anywhere you hope to or plan to travel to soon?
I recently went to Copenhagen and was CHARMED! It's such a beautiful city that's full of history. While it's fairly expensive, it's such an exciting place to visit. There are so many places to explore, places to eat, and people to watch!
5. Which season is your favorite? What are your top picks for pieces to wear during that season?
I love fall – and luckily, the majority of the weather in SF is fall-ish. So, lots of layers. I'm a huge fan of sweaters and mixing up baggy things with a tighter, more feminine fit. Also, I'm just obsessed with mules. They are too comfy.
6. And of course, we must ask: What is your favorite pair of Hot Sox?
I'd have to say, I kind of loved the glasses girls socks I rocked awhile back. They are so fresh and funky!